The accounts officer is responsible for ensuring timely payment of loans, grants and bills. He presides over the monitoring and processing of payments and expenditure. He also prepares and monitors the organization's payroll system. ... It is his responsibility to ensure that workers get their pay on time.
Perform accounting and clerical functions to support supervisors. Record business transactions and key daily worksheets to the general ledger system. Input type vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records. Work with adding machines, calculators, databases and bank accounts.
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Receive and disburse money. Usually involves use of electronic scanners, cash registers, or related equipment. Often involved in processing credit or debit card transactions and validating checks.
- Cashier job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages. It's easy to customize with key cashier duties and responsibilities for the company.